Friday, October 29, 2021

Movie Review: My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission

 



Michael's Movie Grade: B

A delightfully fun action movie based off the popular anime series. 

I have honestly not watched much of the TV series on which this is movie based and in some ways I think this worked to my advantage. Reading about the film online, I have found these movies have little to no effect on the series and are made to work as stand alone films. While I am sure this may be a problem to someone who watches the show and wants this to continue that storyline, for someone like me that makes it so that I can just enjoy a fun action film and have a nice trip to the movies. Because of this I admit that my opinion might differ from more diehard fans, but I just simply had a lot of fun watching this movie. Our two main characters are very likable and easy to relate to. Even those who have never seen the show will find themselves quickly growing attached to these characters. By the end of the film they will feel completely real to most audiences and win them over with their charm. The action scenes are excellently done and very exciting. Many of them will put you on the edge of your seat. This film also has a really good sense of humor and got quite a few really good laughs out of me and the audience I saw it with. The animation and artwork are excellent. The filmmakers took full advantage of this being a theatrical movie instead of a TV episode and made this film especially good looking. The storyline will be familiar to many, but it is quite well told, and overcomes to familiarity to simply be a lot of fun.  

The biggest fault of this movie is the pacing. This film moves at an incredibly fast pace and never takes the time to breathe. Because of this it can feel too hyperactive with too much going on at the same time. 

All in all this is a really fun movie, even for those who don't watch the show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment