Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Movie Review: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland














Michael's Movie Grade: C

Review: Not a great movie by any means, but I definitely had fun watching it.

The best thing about this movie is our two lead characters. They are actually developed pretty well and I found it real easy to like and relate to them. With this I was rooting for them to save the day. This helped add to how much fun the action filled climax was. While I would not say I was on the edge of my seat, I found myself enjoying it. The story itself is not original but it works well enough for what the movie is.

On the downside some of the supporting characters are really bland. This is especially true of one girl that doesn't get along with one of our main heroes. She feels like she is here simply for a cliché side story that adds nothing to the movie. There is also the fact that character development often feels rushed in this movie. The humor also often falls flat in this film.

Again this is not a great movie, but there is enough that works here to make seeing it an enjoyable experience.

-Michael J. Ruhland
     

No comments:

Post a Comment