Monday, September 9, 2019

Roy Rogers Likes the Good Earth and All God's Children


Hello again my friends. I have yet another treat for my fellow Roy Rogers fans. This is an article from a 1957 issue of TV Radio Mirror, that talks about Roy's home life and what he did when not making movies, television or music. With how much pure gossip and bad things that are said about celebrities in today's magazines. It is always refreshing to read an article about the positive parts of an entertainer's personality. I am just a person who prefers to hear about the good in people (not just entertainers but everybody) From all I have read this is what Roy was truly like at this time and that just makes me very happy inside.

 


To read these pages more clearly click on them and then use your touch screen to zoom in.

For a bonus here is Roy and the Sons of the Pioneers performing a fun little novelty song called Cowboy Ham and Eggs in a clip from the feature film, Home in Oklahoma (1946). This song was written by the Sons' own Tim Spencer.

 

-Michael J. Ruhland 

No comments:

Post a Comment