Sunday, August 18, 2019

Cowboy Church #23

Hello my friends and welcome to another addition of Cowboy Church.

We start our musical selection off with The Sons of Pioneers 1937 recording of Heavenly Airplane. This is an original song written by the Son's own Bob Nolan. This song was from the last year Roy Rogers was a member of the group. Next comes Johnny Cash and Ray Charles with a duet of Kris Kristofferson's Why Me Lord. Next is Gene Autry singing The Angel Song in a clip from his Cinecolor feature film, The Strawberry Roan (1948). Gene co-wrote this song with Curt Massey and Mary Millard. After this comes Rex Allen's 1959 recording of Sleep Little Moses. This song came from his album Mister Cowboy. Next comes Hank Williams performing Thank God. This song was written by Hank's producer Fred Rose. Though Hank recorded this song in either 1948 or 1949, it would not be released until 1955, after Hank had passed away. This song does not feature his famous backing band, The Drifting Cowboys. Instead this is just Hank and his guitar. We end our musical selection with Loretta Lynn singing the gospel classic In The Garden.




















Below is a 1935 advertisement from The Motion Picture Herald advertising the early HopaLong Cassidy movies. You may notice that this advertisement states that James Gleason will be playing Hopalong, instead of William Boyd. The part was originally offered to Gleason and various advertisements for the movie stated he would be in the title role. However when negotiations could not be worked out, the part would go to William Boyd who was originally offered the role of the lead villain.



I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

 The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2
God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. Habakkuk 3:19

 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. Romans 10:17


Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Luke 15:10

Thanks for joining me for another service of Cowboy Church. Come back next week. Happy trails to you until we meet again.



-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment