Thursday, October 13, 2022

Scooby-Doo! and Scrappy-Doo!: Rocky Mountain Yiiiii! (1979)

 



A very fun Scooby mystery.

In this episode, the Mystery Inc. Gang takes a vacation to a ski lodge known as Pratt's Peak Lodge, but they soon find that the area is haunted by the Ghost of Jeremiah Pratt, the ski lodge's namesake.

This is an excellent episode with a lot to recommend it. The Ghost of Jeremiah Pratt is an excellent villain. His design is delightfully creepy and his voice is very threatening. I love how the character is completely colored white. This not only gives him a more ghostly feel but it also works perfectly across the snowy background. While this episode's setting is nothing original for this franchise, it is wonderfully detailed and gives off a great eerie vibe. The humor in this episode is quite good. I especially liked Scrappy's reaction to being told he was too young. I also love Shaggy's way of keeping up Scrappy's illusion that he and Scooby are brave, when they don't want to go underground with the rest of the gang. I also really like how this episode handles the two groups, Scooby, Shaggy and Scrappy and Velma, Daphne and Fred. The first group gets most of the comedic moments and has the most head on encounters with the ghosts, while the other group does much of the mystery solving. The mystery itself is pretty good, and there are enough believable suspects here to have a good mystery for the audience to solve. 

This episode represents everything I love about Scooby-Doo!



2 comments:

  1. Gotta say I love your reviews. You really appreciate these cartoons for what they are and know how to enjoy them. Now I wanna go watch them all again myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend. I am glad you are enjoying my reviews. This show is really a lot of fun, if you just take it for what it is. When I was rewatching it to write these reviews I didn't except to enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete