Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Movie Review: Deadpool 2



Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland









Michael's Movie Grade: A-

Review: To be honest, I did not like the first Deadpool movie. I found most of the jokes fell flat, the majority of the characters uninteresting and the storyline boring. With this in mind, I did not have high hopes for this movie. What I surprise I was in for. This movie was really funny introduced some good new characters and had a good story.

The humor in this film comes fast and furious. The jokes are much more over the top than they were in the first movie, and they are all the funnier for it. There were many times I found myself laughing out loud. It is pointless to describe why these jokes are funny, because all I know is that they made me laugh in a way I didn't at the first film. The new characters are really good as well. Cable is a fantastic character for Deadpool to play against (definitely better than the completely boring Francis in the first movie). Domino, Russel and Peter where also great and I hope to see them again. The story here also carries much more emotional weight. It is true this movie is mostly played for laughs, but the truth is it could have made a decent serious superhero movie as well.


Again I did not like the first Deadpool movie, so this movie was a very pleasant surprise to me and I hope you will enjoy it as well.


-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment