Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Movie Review: Avengers: Infinity War




Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland









Michael's Movie Grade: A-

Review: This is easily one of the most intense Marvel movies. It is also one of the best.

This movie does a fantastic job of combining so many characters into one film. When I first saw the preview, I had my doubts about this movie working. I felt it had too many characters and would feel much too crowded and unfocused. I am happy to say I was very wrong on that point. The balance between the characters is perfect. Many are given the time for their arcs to be completely fleshed out. However these arcs all help tell the same story and are interwoven very well. This is also a movie, where you often do not see what is coming next. Many of the twists took me by complete surprise and some were even shocking. This helped create a very intense and uneasy feeling at times. Infinity War is definitely a movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

One thing that has to be mentioned is that this film requires watching of previous Marvel movies. If you haven't seen Guardian's of the Galaxy Vol. 1 & 2, Avengers: The Age of Ultron or Spider-Man: Homecoming you are putting yourself at a disadvantage seeing this movie. I definitely recommend watching these films first.

All in all though this is a fantastic movie and a must see for superhero fans.

-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment