Thursday, May 26, 2022

Classic Comedy Shorts on MeTV-Plus

 



Hello fellow movie lovers, I have wonderful news. I have recently found out that some of the wonderful old movie comedy shorts are back on TV at a regularly scheduled time. On the TV channel, ME-TV plus there is a two-hour block of these classic films called Comedy Classics. Unfortunately, it airs late at night. It airs all weekdays at 10pm Pacific and 1am Eastern. This time is far from ideal, I would certainly prefer an earlier time, when kids could watch, and I never have to record if I work early the next day. However, I also can't argue that this is a huge step in the right direction towards what many of us movie fans having been asking for, for quite a while now. The program only consists of three of the classic short subject series, The Three Stooges, Our Gang (also known as The Little Rascals) and Laurel and Hardy. However, as a huge fan of all three of these series, this is a fantastic selection and it makes me smile to watch TV and hear the Laurel and Hardy theme playing. If you can stay up late enough or don't mind recording, these two hours are a real treat for movie fans.   

No comments:

Post a Comment