Friday, July 19, 2024

Movie Review: Twisters

 



Michael's Movie Grade: C+

An enjoyable disaster film. 

I re-watched the first Twister (1996), not too long ago. However, I can hardly remember much that happened or any of the characters. Despite this I remember enjoying it as a rewatched it. Personally I feel like in time this film will have the same effect on me. I'll remember that I enjoyed watching it and little else. The truth is there is very little that this movie actually does wrong. It just doesn't do much to make it stand out from so many similar movies. Everything is done just fine and little more. The characters are likable, and it is pleasant to spend time with them. However, they are very basic characters that we never get to know that deeply. The action is fun and exciting, but there isn't a whole lot of it, and it doesn't do much to stand above the average good modern action scene. The humor makes you smile, but never laugh out loud. The story is predictable and cliché but isn't without some heart. The small town, rural setting and the use of country music on the soundtrack help give this movie a little extra charm that I really enjoyed. 

All in all this may not be the most memorable film, but it provides a fun time at the movies and sometimes that is all you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment