Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Aline MacMahon: Believe it or Not

 Fans of old Hollywood movies will automatically recognize Aline MacMahon, even the ones who may not know her name. She had appeared in such films as Five Star Final (1931), Gold Diggers of 1933 (1933), Ah, Wilderness! (1935), The Flame and the Arrow (1950), The Man from Laramie (1955), Cimarron (1960) and I Could Go On Singing (1963, Judy Garland's final film). She even won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for Dragon Seed (1944). I remember my first time watching Gold Diggers of 1933, in which her role as the hard-bitten comedian Trixie provides much of the movie's charm, and I immediately became a fan of hers. I am sure many movie fans, feel the same way that I do about her. 

The following is an article about Aline that from a 1934 issue of Movie Mirror. If you have any trouble reading it click on the following pages and use your touch screen to zoom in. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment