Monday, June 25, 2018

Johnny Cash Producing a Jimmie Rodgers Film?

I have a confession. I don't know every little thing about film. Similarly something I found recently, not only shocks me, but leaves me wondering. This is from an article in Boxoffice Magazine (dated May 29, 1961) "Johnny Cash purchased rights to the 'Jimmie Rodgers Story' from Rodger's widow and will film it as an independent production for his Johnny Cash Productions this fall. Rodgers who died in 1932 was considered the 'patron saint' of country music …" You can view the article here.


As a fan of Country Music, who loves both Jimmie Rodgers and Johnny Cash, this film is fascinating. However I can not find anything else about such a film. What makes this even weirder is that as far as I know, Cash only produced one film, The Gospel Road (1973). I feel it is safe to assume that either this film never came to be or Boxoffice was misinformed.

If anybody out there knows more about this than I do let me know.

-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment