Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Movie Review: Uncle Drew

Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland

Michael's Movie Grade: B-

Review: A surprisingly funny movie. Not perfect by any means but it made me laugh.

This is a turn your mind off and enjoy type of movie. This film may not win any points for originality but it made me laugh. I was certainty not alone in this as most everybody around me in the theater was laughing too. The jokes were enjoyably over the top and silly. They were so silly I could have no other reaction but laughter. They is little I can do beyond that to explain why this film made me laugh, but it did, and I thinking anybody willing to turn their mind off and enjoy will have the same reaction.


The story itself is one we have seen before many times. There is not a plot point one could not see coming. However our main two characters are certainly likable enough to make this plot still work and remain enjoyable. Still it is the laughs that make this movie work and work well. This will never be a classic, but for what it is it is more enjoyable than it seems to have any right to be.


-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment