Sunday, August 9, 2020

Cowboy Church #70

Hello my friends and welcome back for another service of Cowboy Church. Today's musical selection begins with Kitty Wells singing My loved One's Are Waiting For Me from her 1959 gospel album Dust on the Bible. One of the great comforts of being a Christian is knowing that when a loved one dies they are not gone forever and we will be able to spend time with them again in Heaven. This song tells of this comfort and joy. This is followed by Pasty Cline's 1959 recording of the gospel classic, Just a Closer Walk With Thee. While this song has been recorded by many artists over the years, Pasty's voice fits it perfectly and there is a soulful and emotional feeling to this version that makes it stand out. Next is Ray Price singing Don't Give Up When Your Down from his 1974 gospel album This Time Lord. Christians should remember (and too often forget) that Christianity isn't just some rules we follow or things we do. It should give us joy, because what is more joyful than how much God loves us and will do (and has done) for us, or that we have a God who has overcome all the evils and unhappiness of the world. This is followed by Roy Rogers and Dale Evan's with their 1956 recording Thank You God. The Ranch Hands and Mitch Miller & His Orchestra. God has given us so much that we too often take for granted. Every good thing we have is a blessing from God and yet too often we focus simply on the things that make us unhappy, and forget to enjoy the incredible gifts we have. This is followed by George Jones singing one of the all time great Hymns, What a Friend We Have in Jesus. After is Conway Twitty singing Who Will Pray For Me, from his 1973 gospel album Clinging To A Saving Hand / Steal Away. Today's musical selection ends with The Sons of the Pioneers singing one of my favorite gospel songs, There's Power in the Blood. Though many have recorded this song, The Sons of the Pioneers' version is my favorite. I love the pure energy and joy found in this version.


























He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he. Proverbs 16:20

Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding Proverbs 3:13

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Philippians 4:4

The joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

These things have I spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. John 15:11

Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15

 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. James 5:13

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:29-30

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you Matthew 5:44

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. Romans 12:14

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:12

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:34-35

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18 

-Michael J. Ruhland 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is strange, they appear on my computer but don't appear when I look at the post on my cell phone. Honestly I don't know why that is or how to even start fixing it so it appears everywhere not on some and not others. If anyone reads this and knows how to fix it, I would love to hear.

      Delete