Sunday, December 18, 2016

Movie Review: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

 


Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland


















Michael's Movie Grade:F

Review: Pure and utter boredom, easily the worst Star Wars movie and yes I am including the prequels in that.

The biggest problem with this film is the characters. All of them are completely devoid of any personality. This is especially true of our two main protagonists. After watching the movie, I still can't tell you what their personalities are, because they don't have any. The side characters though are not much better.

As I've stated in previous reviews, if I don't like the characters, the action scenes are extremely boring. This is even worse in this film, because the action scenes are the slowest, and longest seeming scenes in the movie. In fact the pacing in this film is awful. I like Star Wars movies for the atmosphere more than anything else. However with the exception of the action scenes, the film jumps around from place to place and character to character much too quickly. This allows us no time to soak in what is the best part of these movies, despite making us sit through some of the most boring action scenes imaginable.

The only things good I can say about this movie is that I liked a very brief scene involving Darth Vader, and the score wasn't bad. That is it though. Everything else in this movie is awful and a pain to sit through. I sat through it all because I heard the movie gets better as it goes along. Well it didn't at all.

Since this takes place before episode 4, we know all that is going to happen. Combined with the boredom of the characters and action scenes. This gives me nothing to even care about.

To say this movie is a disappointment, is being kind to this horrible movie.

-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment