Sunday, April 26, 2020

Tom Mixville

Hello my friends, I love westerns as I am sure many of you do. Along with country music, they have helped give me a fascination and love of all things cowboy and western. It is true that many of these movies give us a very romanticized of the west, and that is especially true of the films with movie cowboys like Tom Mix, Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. Yet when I watch many of these films, I become like a little kid simply being drawn in by the figures I see on screen and having a desire to be a cowboy just like them. This was the way many kids (and even some adults) of the era would become watching these movies and I often join them. This may not be the real west, but it doesn't matter it is real to us.

The following 1921 article from Filmplay Journal talks about the similar effect Tom Mix had on movie fans of the time. If you have trouble reading any of the following pages click on them and use your touch screen to zoom in.
















-Michael J Ruhland


No comments:

Post a Comment