Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Harold Lloyd and the Talkie Screen

Hello my friends. Do movie comedians come finer than Harold Lloyd? Maybe there are some that are either equals or come close to him, but there is no one better. I have watched nearly all of Harold's silent features enough times to have them memorized and I am sure many of you have done the same. To be honest I have watched his talkies much less often, but whenever I watch one I wonder why that is. They are very fun movies that show the actor's talent to its fullest. True they may not always reach the perfection that his best silent films did, but why should we hold that against movies that are good in their own right.

The following 1930 article from Talking Screen Magazine, talks about Harold Lloyd adapting to the new art of talking films. If you have any trouble reading these pages click on the page and use your touch screen to zoom in.









-Michael J. Ruhland


No comments:

Post a Comment