Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Moving Pictures Are Actually Not Bad For Your Eyes

I know many of you have heard the rumors that watching a moving picture is harmful to your eyes. However if you are some one who worried about this the following article should put you at rest. This article comes from a 1915 issue of The Motion Picture Magazine and discusses how Moving Pictures are actually good for your eyes. If you have any trouble reading these following pages click on them and use your touch screen to zoom in.




1 comment:

  1. Hee hee. It's great to see this -- because today some people say that staring at a tablet all day is "bad for your eyes". Or kids shouldn't "be on computers" so much. My feeling is the human body is a marvelous contraption and welcomes all types of connectivity to this world. Either in person or in the movies / TV / Comic Books / Computer Games / Computers etc. When I was a kid my parents bought a set a Word Book Encyclopedia from a door to door salesperson. I read the encyclopedia from A-Z -- would just crack open a book to any page and read. It ended up being a key part of my education. So now I do the same with my computer -- it opens my eyes to this crazy world in an even better way than that World Book encyclopedia. So this article, while clearly slanted in support of whoever paid them (I assume the movie studios) is very interesting! ...Rowby.

    ReplyDelete