Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving from Movies With Michael

 


Motion Picture Daily, 1941

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. While I may not eat Turkey (I am vegetarian), I still have always liked Thanksgiving. It is a wonderful time to reflect on all the blessings we have in life and to let those we love, know how thankful we are for them. 

Of course, when it comes to Thanksgiving scenes from the movies nothing tops Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush (1925). 




 



Another Thanksgiving movie treat is of course Bing Crosby singing I've Got Plenty to Be Thankful For in Holiday Inn (1942). 




While I may not eat turkey, The Three Stooges certainly know all about turkey dinners.







The concert film, The Last Waltz (1978) can be considered a Thanksgiving movie as the concert takes place on Thanksgiving Day and the film ends with a big Thanksgiving dinner for the whole audience. 










Of course no Thanksgiving is complete without Thanksgiving cartoons. 















Motion Picture Herald, 1936

Now for some music appropriate for the holiday. 










I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving my friends. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment