Saturday, September 24, 2016

Movie Review: The Magnificent Seven

 


Review Written By Michael J. Ruhland



















Michael's Movie Grade: D

Review: Bland, forgettable, and boring western, comes nowhere near it's predecessors.

The characters in this film are lacking in personality. At the end of the movie I don't feel like I know them at all. I have no idea what their personalities are. A great cast is completely wasted playing these characters. The story feels very rushed and I never got a feeling or danger or excitement. The action scenes are  well made, but since we don't know the characters they quickly become boring. Seven Samurai was three and a half hours and I was never bored watching that movie, but I got bored watching this two hour and twelve minute film with basically the same story. 

On the plus side the musical score is downright fantastic, and should have accompanied a better movie.

Skip this film and watch Seven Samurai (that movie is a masterpiece) instead.

-Michael J. Ruhland

No comments:

Post a Comment